More connections in Solaris9 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tam MK
Subject More connections in Solaris9
Date
List pgsql-performance
I try to increase my no. of connections of the Postmaster in my client's
Solaris9 box but fails:

When startup using bin/postmaster -N 300 -B 2000 -D /export/data, I got the
message:

IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=5432004, num=17, 03600) failed: No space left
on device

This error does *not* mean that you have run out of disk space.

It occurs either because system limit for the maximum number of
semaphore sets (SEMMNI), or the system wide maximum number of
semaphores (SEMMNS), would be exceeded.  You need to raise the
respective kernel parameter.  Look into the PostgreSQL documentation
for details.

So what should I set for SEMMNI and SEMMNS?  Any suggestion?

The /etc/system file (partial) is set with the following:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0x7fffffff

set rlim_fd_max=8192
set rlim_fd_cur=4096

Regards,