Re: Using , instead of . for thousands.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Re: Using , instead of . for thousands..
Date
List pgsql-general
    1,000 is one thousand, right?

    1.000 is one, right?

    Since the decimal isn't just an arbitrary separator when we're speaking
of decimal numbers (1.00 is certainly a lot different than 1000.00) I guess
I don't follow what the problem is.. How can you have one thousand
represented as 1.000, unless you're storing it as a string for some reason
(say, in a varchar field instead of a float or something)?

    Of course the question might be flying right over my head, sorry if
that's the case :-)

-Mitch