Re: [ADMIN] Index not used. WHY? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrei Bintintan
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Index not used. WHY?
Date
Re: [ADMIN] Index not used. WHY?
List pgsql-performance
There are around 700 rows in this table.
If I set enable_seqscan=off then the index is used and I also used Vacuum
Analyze recently.

I find it strange because the number of values of id_user and id_modull are
somehow in the same distribution and when I search the table the id_user
index is used but the id_modull index is not used.

Does somehow postgre know that a seq scan runs faster in this case as a
index scan? Should I erase this index?
I have to say that the data's in this table are not changed offen, but there
are a LOT of joins made with this table.

Best regards.
Andy.