Re: Comparing databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ned Lilly
Subject Re: Comparing databases
Date
Re: Comparing databases
Re: Comparing databases
Re: Comparing databases
List pgsql-advocacy
> > I thought about both of these points, but didn't really come up with better
> > wording... i think the proper sound bite is that "support companies have come
> > and gone but postgresql continues on"
>
> How about, 'There have been instances in past where companies with postgresql as
> sole core business strategy have failed. but postgresql project continued
> (relatively) unaffected'
>
> Give and take tense and plural/singulars. Talk about weasel wording..:-)

All I'm saying is that from the outside, IMHO, it just creates more problems than it solves.  To use a favorite
metaphorfrom this list, PHB's will read that and smell instability.  I repeat, why volunteer it?  Just say there are
manyfirms providing support today, and it's used at X, Y, and Z companies.