RE: collate not support Unicode Variation Selector - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From 荒井元成
Subject RE: collate not support Unicode Variation Selector
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thank you for your reply.

SQLServer supports Unicode Variation Selector, so I would like PostgreSQL to
support them as well.

Regards.

--
Motonari Arai

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2022 5:24 PM
To: n2029@ndensan.co.jp
Cc: thomas.munro@gmail.com; tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us;
pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: collate not support Unicode Variation Selector

At Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:12:53 +0900, 荒井元成 <n2029@ndensan.co.jp> wrote in
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> About 60,000 characters are registered in the IPAmj Mincho font designated
by the national specifications.
> It should be able to handle all characters.

Yeah, it is one of that fonts. But I didn't know that MS-Word can
*display* ideographic variations. But it is dissapoinging that input
requires to copy-paste from the Web..  Maybe that characters can be input
smoothly by using ATOK or alikes..

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi