Re: Maintenance release - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Serguei Mokhov
Subject Re: Maintenance release
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>
Sent: October 14, 2003 11:57 AM

> Serguei Mokhov wrote:
>
> >Huh? Windows 3.1 is a "ancient 16-bit software"; Windows 95/98/Me
> >are all 32-bit.
> >
> They are 32 bit GUIs on a 16 bit OS, formerly called DOS...

Yes, I know. Yet they still are classified as Win32 family.
But this is getting a bit off-topic, I should think :)

> > I'm having no problems with other software tools with
> >Unicode support. :P
> >

> Hu? AFAIR thes windows version lack Unicode support. It can be added

They _do_ lack Unicode support "natively", indeed. I didn't argue about that :)
You have to bring it in, and then it works. That what those apps'
developers did, I guess, with the unicode DLL and stuff.

-s