Search Engine with PHP - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mike Field
Subject Search Engine with PHP
Date
List pgsql-sql

    Hi all-

I'm making an internal search engine with PHP.
So far, the user enters keywords and the database is searched with:

SELECT ... WHERE lower(fieldname) LIKE lower(keyword1) AND lower(fieldname) LIKE lower(keyword2)...

and this works great.  Although, now I want the answers diplayed in order of best match (not sorted just by a fieldname).  How do I do this?  Do I need to totally restructure the search engine?  Can I do it with a count( ) function?  If so, how?

Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Mike