Re: lost password - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Edward W. Rouse
Subject Re: lost password
Date
List pgsql-sql

Well I quickly found out 2 things:

1.       You can copy the md5 over and have it work

2.       The same password can have different md5’s

After I copied the md5 over I played around a bit and found the for the process user. I then used the alter user sql statement and rechecked the md5. It was different, but I could still use the same password to log in. Needless to say, I am a bit confused by that, but it works and that’s what I need.

Edward W. Rouse