Re: Setting up Postgresql on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Keith Bottner
Subject Re: Setting up Postgresql on Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
Take a look at your pg_hba.conf file it will be located in your data
directory, on my system (Suse) /var/lib/pgsql/data. That file sets the user
permissions of who is allowed to connect to postgres and to what databases.
In addition you need to make sure that the -i option is used to startup
postgres if you are connecting over TCP/IP. And don't forget you also have
to add the user that you are using to connect through jdbc into the user
list for the database.

Summary
1) pg_hba.conf
2) -i option to enable TCP/IP connections
3) add the jdbc user you will be connecting as to the list of users for the
database.

I hope that helps.

Keith