Re: php4 / pgsql7 problem (too many clients) - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Re: php4 / pgsql7 problem (too many clients)
Date
List pgsql-php
It might have been me that mentioned the problems with persistent
connections and PHP -- I've been trying to track down the bug(s) for about a
year now (off and on).. It seems it's better but I find it rears it's ugly
head every few months.. I don't see the too many clients error but I do see
very strange happenings with the basic functions (queries returning empty
sets when they should etc..).. I'm pretty sure it's a problem in the PHP
module, not PostgreSQL but I haven't been able to prove it either way yet.

The overhead on my production machines is minimal to start up a backend for
each connection, it really hasn't become a problem yet and some of my
production servers are hit pretty hard..

Good luck!!

-Mitch