php4 / pgsql7 problem (too many clients) - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Pascal Jolin
Subject php4 / pgsql7 problem (too many clients)
Date
List pgsql-php
 I recently started getting this message on a pgsql7 / php4 installation:

 Warning: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: Sorry, too many clients
 already in /usr/local/lib/php/phplib-7.2/php/db_pgsql.inc on line 40
 Database error: Link-ID == false, pconnect failed
 PostgreSQL Error: 0 ()
 Session halted.

 I've been unable to locate the source of this error, or any pertinent info
 about the default number of client connections allowed, and/or how to
change
 it.

 Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?