Re: PostgreSQL and OpenOffice - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mihai Gheorghiu
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and OpenOffice
Date
List pgsql-general
Here is from staroffice.com.support.starbase:

Mihai Gheorghiu wrote:

> I want to connect to a PostgreSQL database on a RH7.0 machine.
> I go File New Database, general "Test", Type "JDBC", JDBC
> "org.postgresql.Driver" "jdbc:postgresql:sales" "username" "password".
> I use the same strings to successfully connect to the db from servlets
that
> run on the same computer (Tomcat).
> The message I get is:
> Error reading from database
> An error occured. JDBC can only be used again after Office has been
> restarted.
> Using //localhost:5432/sales instead of sales does not help.
> A weird message that I get sometimes (e.g. when I try to connect to the
> forum) is
> No Java installation found.
> The message goes away all by itself and I get connected OK.
> I have JAVA_HOME and JDK_HOME defined. Does it need anything else?
> Thank you all in advance.

Follow the directions given at http://www.staroffice.fsnet.co.uk/ in
the HowTo section and adapt to the JDBC driver or switch to ODBC.

G. Roderick Singleton, <gsingleton@home.com>

Hi Mihai,

This difficulty could be reproduced under our in-house test conditions.
According to the Quality Assurance department, this is a ODCB driver
problem. This problem should be fixed in the next version.

Regards,

Sanal

Sun Microsystems Inc.