Re: config - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Lang
Subject Re: config
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm sure someone can answer this better than me...

Mac OS X uses the Mach kernel and a version of BSD (can't recall which). Is
it possible one of the existing templates may work?  I believe sendmail uses
the same sort of thing for host ype, and they have sendmail compiled on OS X
(comes with it), so if it comes to the point where no one else on the
postgres list can help, might be possible to dig up something from sendmail
users.

As for choosing a template, unfortunately, again, someone else might help
you more.

Sorry only have ideas on where to look and not any actual solutions.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Engelhart" <mengelhart@earthtrip.com>
To: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] config

So? That really doesn't help at all. I guess I didn't say it well enough in
my post but I have no idea how to use the template or configure system
beyond typing:

./configure

and watching it do it's magic. My question is how do I setup a template that
does the "right thing" or do a manual install so that i can get it to
compile on Mac OS X.

Thanks

Mike