Re: Inserting Data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Pawley
Subject Re: Inserting Data
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Tom

But my problem with this solution comes whan I try to qualify with  a
'where' clause.
For instance -
 ----
 create or replace function loop_association() returns trigger as $$
 begin

 insert into p_id.loops (monitor) values (new.devices_id)
 where new.device_number = library.devices.device_number
 and library.devices.type_ = 'mon' ;

 return null ;
 end ;
 $$ language plpgsql ;

 create trigger loop after insert on p_id.devices
 for each row execute procedure loop_association();
----
Gives me an error.

What am I doing wrong?

Bob