Temp tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pascal Tufenkji
Subject Temp tables
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

To enhance the performance of the queries, I use temp tables in my website reports.

It seems that a temp table has not been dropped automatically in a certain session, and now the report is giving an error since the temp table already exists ?!

When I type the following, the database gives me an error:

dragon=# CREATE TEMP TABLE _parcours (id int);

ERROR:  type "_parcours" already exists

1.       How can I identify the session in which the temp table is still locked, so I can drop it manually

2.       Why does those cases happen and the temp tables don’t drop automatically

I’d appreciate a quick reply

Thanks in advance

Pascal TUFENKJI
Service de Technologie de l'Information