Re: Please help with this error message - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Smith
Subject Re: Please help with this error message
Date
List pgsql-general
> What hardware are you using?  If you're using x86 hardware,
> memtestx86 is your best bet.  Linux has badblocks for disk checking;
> other systems do this in other ways (with VxFS, you get notified
> automatically by Solaris, for instance).

Thanks.  I'll request that this be done, and come back with more whining if
it doesn't turn up errors.

Even if it does turn up errors, are there any thoughts on how to delete the
errant record, as indicated in my last response?  We'd like to not lose
*all* of our data, and we know that only one record is bad at this point.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation