Using 7.1rc1 under RH 6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Arsalan Zaidi
Subject Using 7.1rc1 under RH 6.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi.

We tried the RPM under RH 6.2 and it would unpack, saying we needed this or
that or the other... A whole bunch of dependencies.

Anyway, once of us downloaded the source and compiled it and it worked...

I just want to be sure... there's no compelling reason to use RH 7.x
(basically any new distribution with newer libraries) right? Are there any
subtle problems we'd face if we continue using this setup?

Basically, the dependencies with the RPM install have made me suspicious...

Thanks in advance.

--Arsalan.