Re: How does PG Inheritance work? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From
Subject Re: How does PG Inheritance work?
Date
List pgsql-novice
hi tom

can you explain why querying EMPLOYEE will scan all three tables? how are
inherited table data stored?
is there all data in the 2 "child" tables PROGRAMMER and REPRESENTATIVE?

i'm currently looking into the inheritance thing for our system here, too. i
always thought the fields belonging to the inherited main table is stored in
the main table and the additional fields in the child table...

thanks,
thomas