Re: Installing Problem: User Account Exists - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ashish Karalkar
Subject Re: Installing Problem: User Account Exists
Date
List pgsql-novice
Try deleting old postgres user

start>>setting>control pannel>>user account>user accounts>>advance tab> advance>users>postgres delete it before fresh installation of  postgres

Hope this will help :)

With Regards
Ashish

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 4:01 AM
Subject: [NOVICE] Installing Problem: User Account Exists

I am attempting to install postgres on my windows XP box and get an error message stating that the postgres user already exists.  I had postgres installed a couple of years ago; perhaps I did not remove it correctly?

What do I need to do in order to get postgres back on my computer?  I'm looking forward to playing with some Python routines (SQLAlchemy and Dab. in particular).

Thanks for your help,
--greg