Re: [pgsql-jdbc] Daily digest v1.861 (1 messages) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Bill Schneider
Subject Re: [pgsql-jdbc] Daily digest v1.861 (1 messages)
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
There are generally two ways to fix this:

- rewrite the application to use a single connection, as you suggest.   This
is the best solution.  If you have to nest queries (i.e., running a query
while interating over the results of another) it's probably a sign that you
are doing something else wrong, like not taking advantage of database joins.
You'll fix your deadlocks and get better performance.

- use Java synchronization such that grabbing all three connections is an
atomic operation.  This is not as good.  You'll prevent deadlock, but
requests for this page will stall while other requests finish.

-- Bill