Re: driver fails to handle strings in query statements properly - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: driver fails to handle strings in query statements properly
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Ok, sounds good, I have time and will take care of it.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Lind [mailto:barry@xythos.com]
Sent: October 2, 2001 4:21 PM
To: Dave@micro-automation.net
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: driver fails to handle strings in query statements properly

Dave,

My thoughts as well.  If we encounter an 'unknown' type, just return it
as a String.  Do you have time to fix this?

As a work around using an explicit cast should also work: select
container_20_ft_qty AS QTY_OH, 'Container'::text AS NOMENCLATURE
from ue_summary_mtmc where uic = 'WAQJAA'

thanks,
--Barry

Dave Cramer wrote:

> This is coming back from the backend as type unknown. If the single
> quotes are removed it works ok?
>
> I suppose we could return it as a string when we are in doubt? Is this

> reasonable since there are many other types it should be returned as?
>
> Dave

-->

> Container
> No class found for unknown.
>         at org.postgresql.Connection.getObject(Connection.java:621)
>         at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.getObject(ResultSet.java:741)
>         at

org.cougaar.domain.mlm.plugin.ldm.LDMSQLPlugIn.executeSQL(LDMSQLPlugIn.j