Re: ERROR: aclcheck: first entry in ACL is Not 'world' entry - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phil Geer
Subject Re: ERROR: aclcheck: first entry in ACL is Not 'world' entry
Date
List pgsql-general
 I started again I made a new database location and did an initdb. created a
 new database in that location called foo1 then created a user called user1
 and a table called foo revoked all on foo from public and grant all on foo
 to user1 and still I get this error.

 My make and gcc are

 make -v
 GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
 Built for i686-pc-linux-gnu

 gcc -v
 Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.3/specs
 gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)

 My configure options are as
 follows. --with-perl --with=maxbackends=100 --enable-odbc

 I had no errors on the build or install I didn't install the version of
 postgresql that came with SuSE as I didn't want it to interfere with this
 build.

 template1=# create database foo1;
 CREATE DATABASE
 template1=# \c foo1
 You are now connected to database foo1.
 foo1=# create user user1;
 CREATE USER
 foo1=# create table foo(f1 int);
 revoke all on foo from public;
 grant all on foo to user1;
 CREATE
 REVOKE
 GRANT
 foo1=# \c - user1
 You are now connected as new user user1.
 foo1=>select * from foo;