FW: JDBC + JSONP - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Markus KARG
Subject FW: JDBC + JSONP
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

Guys,

just received Lance's opinion on the JSONP topic. Following his example's logic of an application EXPLICITLY PROVIDING a "JsonObject", that application must be able to process "JsonObject", hence that application's own responsibility is to provide JSR 353 on the classpath. Such an application will work with ANY RDBMS and ANY driver, not just PostgreSQL + PGJDBC. Hence it is superior to any other solution we might discuss, at least for ISVs like us.

Regards

-Markus

From: Lance Andersen [mailto:lance.andersen@oracle.com]
Sent: Montag, 29. Juni 2015 23:30
To: Markus KARG
Subject: Re: JDBC + JSONP

Hi Markus,

Until  JSON is added to the JDK, which will not be until JDK 10 at the earliest, I cannot update JDBC.

Currently today you can use set/getObject() with vendor specific types:

 JsonObject o = rs.getObject(1, JsonObject)

pstmt.setobject(1, o, vendorType.JSON)

vendorType.JSON implements SQLType

Unfortunately I cannot add support for optional classes not included in Java SE such as the current JsonObject

Once json support is added to Java SE, then the question is what really needs to be there and  we can certainly start a discussion sooner rather than later.

Best

Lance

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Lance.Andersen@oracle.com