Re: The two steps to being under the Sun... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ned Lilly
Subject Re: The two steps to being under the Sun...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Correct.  The hard fact of it, folks, is that a successful PostgreSQL is bad news for the following industry leaders:

Oracle (directly)
IBM (directly)
Microsoft (directly)
Sun (indirectly, due to partnership with Oracle)
Red Hat (indirectly, due to partnerships with Oracle, IBM)

The best possible high-visibility partners for PostgreSQL for large application vendors who wish to reduce their
dependencyon (often competing) database vendors:

Siebel (the best candidate, IMHO)
SAP (already co-opted by MySQL)
Peoplesoft (has a new DB2 relationship)
etc.