Re: pg_dump option to dump only functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sean Utt
Subject Re: pg_dump option to dump only functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
In what might be called my spare time, I was looking at pg_dump.c to see
about adding an option to dump only functions, and I think a comment got
pushed out of place in the section for handling arguments:
   395                         case 'X':   396                                 if (strcmp(optarg,
"disable-dollar-quoting") == 0)   397                                         disable_dollar_quoting = 1;   398
                       else if (strcmp(optarg,

"disable-triggers") == 0)   399                                         disable_triggers = 1;   400
           else if (strcmp(optarg,

"use-set-session-authorization") == 0)   401                                         use_setsessauth = 1;   402
                       else   403                                 {   404
fprintf(stderr,  405                                                         _("%s:

invalid -X option -- %s\n"),   406                                                         progname,
optarg);   407                                         fprintf(stderr, _("Try
\"%s --help\" for more information.\n"), progname        );   408                                         exit(1);
409                                }   410                                 break;   411   412
case'Z':                       /*

Compression Level */   413                                 compressLevel = atoi(optarg);   414
      break;   415                                 /* This covers the long options

equivalent to -X xxx. */                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ --------------
This comment seems out of place here. I imagine it once was after the break
for case: 'X': (line411) and got misplaced when case 'Z': was added. Any
other fantasies about how it got here, or where it belongs?

My other fantasy is that it was supposed to go here:   241                 /*   242                  * the following
optionsdon't have an equivalent

short option letter,   243                  * but are available as '-X long-name'   244                  */   245
         {"disable-dollar-quoting", no_argument,

&disable_dollar_quoting, 1},   246                 {"disable-triggers", no_argument, &disable_triggers,
1},   247                 {"use-set-session-authorization", no_argument,
&use_setsessauth, 1},
on line 248.....

I am not sure where it should go, but it seems pretty out of place where it
is.

Sean