Clustering using dblink - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yudha Setiawan
Subject Clustering using dblink
Date
Re: Clustering using dblink  (Alexander Litvinov <lan@ac-sw.com>)
List pgsql-general
Dear Milist,
I Think this is the hard part for me,
I've been porting from Ms-SQL to PostgreSQL, and
All done succesfully, but the speed is still became
our apprehension right now. we have tried to add the
Hardisk(SCSI) with a controler for each. And tried to
spliting a view table or schema for helping I/O proccess.
It's helpfull just for a while. But it's getting
Slow again right now.
And the last one i had is just using dblink for spliting
my schema and table to another server. This's my part
of view's script...;

create view v_stock as
select * from
dblink('hostaddr=192.168.0.220
        port=5432
        dbname=d_inventory
        user=inventory
        password=',
       'select * from t_stockreal')
 as t1(
 fc_branch      character(6),
 fc_stockcode   character(20),
 fn_lastdisc3   numeric(18,0),
 ft_note        text );

But It's more slow. Please somebody help me Please.

Thank's and GOD Bless You All.