Re: Newbie question - Which Linux? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From daniel
Subject Re: Newbie question - Which Linux?
Date
List pgsql-general
as far as i know they're all pretty much the same when talking about db
compatability.  here's my take on the two i've dealt with:

    suse  really easy, but if you have trouble,
          a great deal of the help online is in
          german

  redhat  a little less stable in some areas,
          for some reason they insist on using
          the VERY latest kernel.  but their
          use of "rpm's" makes everything real
          easy, and the mailing lists and help
          online is mostly english.

daniel a. g. quinn
starving programmer

without law or compulsion, men would dwell in harmony
  - lau tzu, "tao te ching: chapter xxxii"