Probably libpq on windows bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Filip Hrbek
Subject Probably libpq on windows bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

I have a problem with libpq behaviour on Windows.

I have no problem to connect to the database and execute SQL statments. The=
 error happens if I try to call a non-existent SQL function, e.g.

select function_which_is_really_not_here();

I should get an error:
ERROR:  function function_which_is_really_not_here() does not exist
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need =
to add explicit type casts.

But I don't - the client does NOTING, it means no error, no result, no hang=
ing...

The problem is in the windows native client (libpq) since this problem does=
 not depend on the database I connect to. On the other hand, if I connect t=
o any database (including the one running on Windows) with other clients (l=
ibpq on Linux, jdbc etc.) there is no problem.

Product version: "PostgreSQL 8.0.0 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.=
exe (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special)"

Best regards
  Filip Hrbek