Re: PostgreSQL troubles with 4.0.3pl1 - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Dan Wilson
Subject Re: PostgreSQL troubles with 4.0.3pl1
Date
List pgsql-php
Mitch,

I was having this problem as well.  I fixed it by making my connection
handle global within the function I was using to run all my queries.

Here's the basics of my function:

function runQuery($query, $db) {
    global $hCon; <--- I added this line
    $strConStr = "dbname=$db[database] user=$db[uname] password=$db[pword]
host=$db[host] port=$db[port]";
    $hCon = pg_connect($strConStr);
    return pg_exec($hCon, $query);
}

I know that shouldn't affect anything, but it fixed the problem.  I actually
did it on accident, but it worked.

Don't know if it will help you.

-Dan