Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb

From: Greg Quinn
Subject: Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Greg Quinn", )
 Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Greg Quinn", )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Ruben Rubio Rey, )
   Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Chris, )
 Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Greg Quinn", )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Markus Schaber, )
 Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Greg Quinn", )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (PFC, )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
 [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Greg Quinn", )
  Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Dave Dutcher", )
   Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Antoine, )
  Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Magnus Hagander", )
   Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Antoine, )
   Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Merlin Moncure", )

The query is,

select * from users

which returns 4 varchar fields, there is no where clause

Yes, I am running the default postgres config. Basically I have been a MySQL
user and thought I would like to check out PostGreSql. So I did a quick
performance test. The performance was so different that I thought PostGreSQL
was nothing compared to MySQL, but now it seems its just a few configuration
options. Strange how the defult config would be so slow...

I have begun reading the documentation but am not too sure what options I
can quickly tweak to get good performance, could somebody give me some tips?

Thanks