Re: quoted_literal with numeric variable - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Conxita Marín
Subject Re: quoted_literal with numeric variable
Date
List pgsql-novice
Thanks for your help.

For other novice users:

    The complete solution is to convert the numeric variable in to text
    variable with the text  function.

        EXECUTE ''INSERT INTO temp_tab VALUES(''
                        || quote_literal(nombre) ||'',''
                        || text(numero) ||'')'';

Conxita.

>How to construct an 'EXECUTE' sentence into a function using numeric
variables?

>To insert the variable in the string to execute, i use
'quote_literal(numero)' where numero is a numeric variable.