TSearch and phrase searches - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert John Shepherd
Subject TSearch and phrase searches
Date
List pgsql-general
After exploring various options for full text indexing, I've settled on
using tsearch, since it appears to offer the most flexible options (and
is easy enough to use on an imported database not created from scratch),
but...

I can't seem to work out how to search for phrases with it. Is this
possible? Or do I have to use a nested SELECT query to pull out all the
entries containing the words in a phrase, and then search those again
using a LIKE query?

OpenFTS seems to perform phrase searches, and that uses tsearch, so it
must be possible!

Ta for any help.

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.