Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Takayuki Tsunakawa
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-patches
From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus@hagander.net>
> Are you entirely sure that ntstatus.h is where to look? Because per
> whatever docs I've found, that contains "device driver errors" and
*not*
> exception codes.

Yes, what you are pointing out is correct.  winbase.h and winnt.h
should be consulted instead of ntstatus.h.  See the the section
"Return Value" in the following page:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/ru-ru/library/ms679356.aspx

Furthermore, the message is meaningless for users because they can do
nothing with the information.  So, I think the message should say
something like

child process was terminated by exception %X
This seems to be a bug of PostgreSQL.
Please report this message with the details of the phynomenon to
PostgreSQL developers.

What do you think?