Re: Fw: DB and Table Permissions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dan Wilson
Subject Re: Fw: DB and Table Permissions
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Even if
> > > they do not own or have any permissions to it?
> > >
> > > I don't think that should happen.  Is there a specific reason why it
does?

> Well, you should be able to do "GRANT ..." statements against the pg_...
> tables to control this if you want to.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew.

Using GRANT and REVOKE statements doesn't help because the permissions are
attached to the table, not the database.  So any user can create a new table
within a database even if they are not the owner.  I think this needs to be
corrected somehow.
-Dan