The bugs are getting harder to find... - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Donald Fraser
Subject The bugs are getting harder to find...
Date
List pgadmin-support
pgAdmin: 1.4.12
PostgreSQL: 7.3
OS: W2K SP2

1)
Edit a view and you loose any comments that you have made about it. Have not tested this but it probably means that you loose any rules that you have made too which is even worse!

2)
Trigger functions that take parameters show up as ??????? and not the text typed. For example CREATE TRIGGER trig_btrim_cap BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON public.tbl_country FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE btrim_cap('s_name'); is shown by pgAdmin as CREATE TRIGGER trig_btrim_cap BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON public.tbl_country FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE btrim_cap(???????  which is not what was originally entered.
Obviously I have first created a function named btrim_cap: CREATE FUNCTION public.btrim_cap() RETURNS trigger AS 'util_funcs.so' LANGUAGE 'c' VOLATILE; I think pgAdmin is trying to do something smart and recognise the data types for the functions available.

3)
Leading on from bug 2) exposes another annoying bug. pgAdmin doesn't report the loadable module that contains the function.
When I create a function that is found in a loadable library e.g. CREATE FUNCTION public.btrim_cap() RETURNS trigger AS 'util_funcs.so' LANGUAGE 'c' VOLATILE; pgAdmin always returns the statement without the loadable module e.g. CREATE FUNCTION public.btrim_cap() RETURNS trigger AS 'btrim_cap' LANGUAGE 'c' VOLATILE;

Regards
Donald