Cannot start postmaster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Moishe Groger
Subject Cannot start postmaster
Date
List pgsql-general
I just finished compiling and installing the newest versions of cygwin, cygipc, and postgresql 7.1 beta 6. When I attempt to run "postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data", however, I receive the following error message:

C:\cygwin\usr\local\pgsql\bin\postgres.exe: *** recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: Startup proc 924 exited with status 256 - abort

And if I run postres directly, this is the error:

DEBUG: database system was shut down at 2001-03-17 17:06:38
DEBUG: CheckPoint record at (0, 1564296)
DEBUG: Redo record at (0, 1564296); Undo record at (0, 0); Shutdown TRUE
DEBUG: NextTransactionId: 615; NextOid: 18720
DEBUG: database system is in production state
FATAL 1: Database "moishe groger" does not exist in the system catalog.
DEBUG: shutting down
DEBUG: database system is shut down

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I had some trouble in the installation because of a space in my username (mostly bad symlinks). Could this also be related to that space?

Thanks!
Moishe Groger