ordering rows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Pawley
Subject ordering rows
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I have a table 'import' which is an amalgam of two other tables 'loops' and 'devices'.

The ID column of loops is reflected in the import table. However the order of rows ends up as, a for instance, 6, 8, 7, 4, 5 3, 2, 1.

I need to fetch these rows one at a time, in sequence with the loop ID, to process them in a delphi interface before going on to the next row.

Query-

1. Can I somehow ensure that the rows are transfered to the import table in numerical sequence with the ID of the loop table?

2. Is there a method of using the fetch command to ensure that rows are picked up sequentially - lowest ID to highest ID or vice-versa?

3. Is there another mehod of accomplishing this task other than fetch?

Bob Pawley