From Matthew Nuzum
Subject postgres discussed at php.weblogs.com
Date
List pgsql-general
John Lim, the author of a great PHP db abstraction class named ADOdb, posted
a brief message about MySQL on his popular weblog.  He lamented the fact
that MySQL still did not support many features he considers essential for
application development and referenced a post by Bruce Momjian on the
subject.  You can read it at:
http://php.weblogs.com/2003/04/21#a2520

Just mentioning it because I, like many of you, moved to PostgreSQL from
MySQL for this very reason.  Maybe more importantly, I tire of explaining to
people why I do not use MySQL on my project(s).

John, if you're reading this, thanks for the article and more importantly,
thanks for ADOdb, I really enjoy using it and make it a model for the OOP
and abstraction code I write.

--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org