Re: Password reset link / 'less' does not exit in psql version 13.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Password reset link / 'less' does not exit in psql version 13.4
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/25/22 9:55 AM, Michael J. Baars wrote:

>     So the issue is with Fedora not Postgres.
>

> No, it's psql. Setting PAGER to "more -e" solved the problem l, but I
> never had to before. There are no other variables affecting this
> behavior, so it must be psql internal default piping command that has
> changed.

Hmm, I don't see a -e option to 'more' I do see one for 'less'. I'm
guessing 'more' is symlinked to 'less'.

 From here:

https://www.greenwoodsoftware.com/less/faq.html#dashe

"Normally, less doesn't quit until you type "q". You can make it quit as
soon as it reaches the end of the file by using the -E option. However,
many (but not all) people prefer to have less remain active until they
explicitly quit, because they might wish to back up and look at earlier
parts of the file again. "

I'm betting that between Fedora 35 and 36 the project changed the
configuration of `less` to follow the normal pattern.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com