Re: Microsoft SQL Server Replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Microsoft SQL Server Replication
Date
Re: Microsoft SQL Server Replication  (Joshua Jore <moomonk@daisy-chan.org>)
List pgsql-general
From: "Nate Carlson" <natecars@real-time.com>

> We have a need to replicate a Microsoft SQL server out to a PostgreSQL
> server. Pretty much, the client uses SQL server right now, and we don't
> want to expose that to the internet in any way, so we want to set up a
> Postgres box with the same data at the colo facility. Also helps to have a
> box you can really admin remotely.  :)
>
> The data will never be updated on the Postgres box, so it will be a
> one-way replication.

Not heard of anyone doing this - be interested in hearing how you make out.

MS-SQL <=> MS-SQL replication is probably going to be tricky to hack for
this situation, but you might be able to do something with Access
replicating from the MS-SQL server. Link to the Postgres server via ODBC.
Can't say I've tried it, but that would be my first attempt.

- Richard Huxton