Re: getExportedKeys/getImportedKeys - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Patrik Lundgren
Subject Re: getExportedKeys/getImportedKeys
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I've tried using the latest stable JDBC3 driver (the one for 7.3), and I
also just tested the latest development build. Sadly no difference. The
thing is that when looking at the CVS I see that this is handled
differently in 7.3 since the system tables have changed but it's not
like itäs not supported in earlier versions.

I haven't had time to upgrade postgresql to 7.3 yet so I don't know if
I'll get the same problem there. Most likely I will not since there are
not so many different parameters to call getExportedKeys with. If
catalog and schema is set to null and the table name is correct then
there should be no problem. Unfortunately I don't have access to any 7.3
servers so I can't test this at the moment. This is going to be a
smaller and smaller problem if it works with 7.3 since people are
starting to upgrade. It would be nice though if it worked with 7.2.

Thanks everyone who answered so far.

Regards,
Patrik

-------------------------------

Patrik,

Can you try Barry's suggestion before I dig into it.

Dave
On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 10:16, Barry Lind wrote:
> Patrik,
>
> Another thing you mention you are using 7.2.  Are you using 7.2 for
> both
> the driver and the server?  If so have you tried using the 7.3 driver
> against the 7.2 server?  This is a supported setup and the 7.3 driver
> has a significant number of fixes in this area.
>
> thanks,
> --Barry
>

> Patrik Lundgren wrote:
> > Well, that is one ting we can rule out. I've made sure that the
> > table
> > name is correct. I've tested lower case, upper case and everything
in
> > between. Does anyone have any experience with using this function
with
> > 7.2? Again my problem is that getExportedKeys/getImportedKeys
returns an
> > empty ResultSet.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Patrik Lundgren