RE: PostgreSQL and multiple database access - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Barnes
Subject RE: PostgreSQL and multiple database access
Date
List pgsql-general
Chapter 10 of Bruce's book has a really good discussion of locking and all that.(I was reading it yesterday.)  The book is at

Barnes
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@hub.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@hub.org]On Behalf Of T.J.Farrell
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 4:42 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and multiple database access

Hi,

I work in an environment where people can update the PostgreSQL database from several sites (insert, update, delete statements).
If two people try to update, insert or delete the same row at the same time, or if one deletes a row that the other is viewing and trying to update, in postgreSQL, what happens??

I'm looking from success/failure stories, tips anything that can help me code consequently!

TIA

T.J.