Data in table changed? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Holmgren
Subject Data in table changed?
Date
Re: Data in table changed?
Re: Data in table changed?
Re: Data in table changed?
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I have a large number of clients synchronizing with a central database.
The clients update their local data by polling the database for changes
at fixed intervals. I need an efficient way of determining if data in a
table has been changed (either updated, deleted or inserted). Can this
be achieved without scanning the tables using expensive SQL? (my tables
are _big_!) Is there some way to get a "time for last update" for a
specific table? Or something similar I can use?

Thank you :)

Kind regards,
Thomas Holmgren
Denmark