Re: Restoring a db dump with tsearch fields fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert John Shepherd
Subject Re: Restoring a db dump with tsearch fields fails
Date
List pgsql-general
> Which version of pgsql? which version of tsearch?

7.2.3, and whatever ver of tsearch is included in the contrib dir for
that.

> I had similar problems and emailed the creators of tsearch and they
> provided the fix. I believe it was later integrated back into
> the distro.

Don't suppose you still have that lying around? :)

> If you check the lines where those errors occur, I bet it is missing a
> single or double quote around those word.

Not sure it is that, but it could be I guess. From looking at the source
there are single quotes around all the tsearch words.

I've also tried dumping the database with:

   pg_dump -Fc -b -c reviewer > reviewer.tar

But when I restore using:

   pg_restore -Fc -C -d template1 reviewer.tar

I get the following error:

   pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  Unable
to locate type name 'txtidx' in catalog

I've tried with and without including all the tsearch objects in
template1, when I have included them I just get a load of other errors
because the objects already exist.

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

Editor