Newbie postgres/JDBC question. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From dlangschied
Subject Newbie postgres/JDBC question.
Date
Re: Newbie postgres/JDBC question.  (Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com>)
Re: Newbie postgres/JDBC question.  (Paul Thomas <paul@tmsl.demon.co.uk>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi all!

I have a question that pertains to the update of records in a postgres
database using JDBC.  I extract a record from the database for update and,
and after modification to the record, I place these changes into postgres.
It does not look, via the documentation on JDBC, as if I have prevented
someone from making changes at the same time.  Is there a command that I
must first perform to lock a record that is being updated? If a record is
locked when another user wants access, what type of error information can be
acquired to pass on to the user?

Sincerely,

David Langschied
Langschied Consulting Services