deleting records is failing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Vadnais
Subject deleting records is failing
Date
List pgsql-general
This question is probably real easy to answer, but I've got myself into a
vicious loop and can't see the forest through the trees.

I have a set of records spanning several dates, and I want to delete some
records within a specific date range.  For example, I have a record for each
day from Sept 1 through Nov 1, and I want to delete the records for Sept 21
through 10/20 and leave all the rest.

Here is my query that's deleting all the records for the episode
DELETE FROM tracker WHERE tracker.episode_id = 238 AND
( rug_tracker.date_of_service < '09/12/2005'
OR rug_tracker.date_of_service > '10/20/2005' );

I would really appreciate someone showing me the way through the forest.

Thank you,

Tim