Re: UUID data format 4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gevik Babakhani
Subject Re: UUID data format 4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > I am working on a patch to support this format (yes, it is a simple
> > modification).

There was a proposal and a discussion regarding how this datatype would be
before I started developing it. We decided to go with the format proposed in
RFC. Unless there is strong case, I doubt any non standard formatting will
be accepted into core. IIRC we where also opposed to support java like
formatted uuid's back then. This is no different.

Regards,
Gevik.