Re: Order of triggers - totally lost - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From SZŰCS Gábor
Subject Re: Order of triggers - totally lost
Date
Re: Order of triggers - totally lost  (Jonathan Gardner <jgardner@jonathangardner.net>)
List pgsql-sql
Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for your will to help.

It would be a bit difficult to clean up everything as much as possible
(while keeping the problem) and send the skeleton.

It looks like the A_AU trigger I mentioned solved the problem.

Actually, the situation I painted is much much simplified compared to the
real one (about 20 or more tables are accessed during that "simple 1-line
update"). What I'd probably use best, are some generic guidelines:
* what is sure about trigger execution order?  (Cristoph Haller partially answered my question, quoting future plans)*
arethere generic recommendations what kind of things to put in  before and after triggers?* how about FOR EACH
STATEMENTtriggers?  (we only use FOR EACH ROW triggers)

G.