Re: JDBC Problem with Timestamptz - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Chris Cox
Subject Re: JDBC Problem with Timestamptz
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dave,

Is this safe to use on a production environment?  It warns against it.

Cheers,
Chris

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Cramer" <Dave@micro-automation.net>
To: <chris@creatop.com.au>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: [JDBC] JDBC Problem with Timestamptz

> Chris,
> Try the dev jar from http://jdbc.postgresql.org
>
> The patch should be in there
>
> Dave
> On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 20:28, chris@creatop.com.au wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm quite new to PostgreSQL and JDBC and have just experienced my first
and only problem so far.  We run ColdFusion MX to talk to PostgreSQL and we
have the JDBC driver version 7.2, which is the latest stable release
according to the site.

> > We are experiencing a problem when performing any action with fields of
type timestamptz:

> > No class found for timestamptz.
> >
> > I found some reference to it in a couple of archive messages on this
list but the solution didn't make sense to me (applying a patch, a patch
which I couldn't see?).  Any ideas how to fix this?  Is it a matter of
recompiling the source? And if so, how do I do that and where do I get it
from?