non superuser creating flat files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Terri Reid
Subject non superuser creating flat files
Date
List pgsql-general

I have data that is being updated in a table that I need to export to a flat file via a database trigger on insert or update. The user performing the update will not be a superuser. I’ve tried to use COPY TO, but that doesn’t work for non-superusers. Is there some other functionality that can write out flat files? I’m looking for something similar to the Oracle UTL file functionality, as ideally I’d want to append the data to an existing file and be able to manipulate the data before I wrote it out.

Thanks

Terri

Terri Reid

BCT Software Solutions